Chapter House of the Colonel Timothy Bigelow Chapter
National Society Daughters of the American Revolution
House Tour Hosted by Preservation Worcester
8 June 2008
View from left side of house as it faces the street now. This used to be the main entrance.
The Old Dining Room, leading into the Breakfast Room
This house was built by Judge Timothy Paine, originally a Loyalist, but who eventually came around to the side of the Americans. Work was started in 1774, paused during the Revolution and was completed afterward. Judge Paine eventually petitioned the government to become a US citizen.
Visit our amazingly beautiful website at www.bigelowdar.org,
designed and maintained by member Nan Ryan,